How to Make Cupcake Wrappers
Here you will find an instructional video about how to make cupcake wrappers. Maritza will walk you through the
steps for cutting and taping a wrapper after you've printed it out.
Buy the Program $12.95
How to Make Cupcake Wrappers - Step by Step
- Step 1 Choose one of our many designs and customize the text and colors to meet your needs.
Then download and print the PDF. (See our tips and suggestions at the bottom of the page for the best paper
and printing technique)
- Step 2 Gather your supplies. You will need the following: printed wrappers, straight scissors,
ribbed or scalloped scissors, scotch tape (single or double sided), cupcakes (preferably unfrosted, but
ready-made ones are okay too)
- Step 3 For each wrapper, cut the sides and the bottom curve with your straight scissors.
Then cut the top rim with scalloped or straight scissors.
- Step 4 Take one of the wrappers you've cut out and wrap it around a cupcake to measure where you will tape.
Make sure it fits snug.
- Step 5 Now you can tape your wrapper -- either on the outside with single sided tape or where the ends meet
using double-sided tape.
- Step 6 That's it! Now you can plop your cupcakes into the wrappers and apply frosting as needed.
How to Make Cupcake Wrappers - Video
Tips and Suggestions
- Use a Laser Printer: Your wrappers will look best when printed on a color laser printer, and unlike inkjets, the ink won't run and doesn't need to dry. If you don't have access to one,
Kinkos will change you around 45¢ to print one page, but you need to bring your own paper, otherwise they charge over a dollar.
- Wrapper too big?: Your printer should have a zoom setting. When the print dialog opens, click properties next to the printer name. Within properties, adjust the zoom. Try something like 90%.
Make sure to test out the zoom in black and white or draft mode, using regular paper to save money.
- Use 100 lb. Card Stock: Card stock makes your wrappers sturdy. We recommend 100 lb. or greater thickness.
- Make Muffin Wrappers: All of our printable cupcake wrapper templates are large enough to wrap around a muffin.
When using with muffins, simply tape the wrapper into a larger circle.
- Let Kids Design Their Own: Our young kids absolutely love to get on the computer and make their own cupcake wrapper designs.
You can set up a computer station at your next party and let each kid design, print, and cut out their own cupcake wrapper.
It's great to watch their eyes light up when their designs comes to life, and then later when they eat a yummy cupcake!
More Things You Can Do